Thursday, January 9, 2020

Happy New Year 2020!


In this first blog post of 2020, I’ll introduce myself and some changes coming to the Straube Foundation Education blog. 

I am Michele Straube.  I am recently retired as an environmental mediator and law school professor.  Meaning I have a background in teaching, albeit not online teaching.  I am currently a student working toward a certificate in teaching English as a second language.  The certificate program is virtually all online (even though the program is based at my local university), so I have personal experience as a student of online education.  I have great curiosity about the pedagogy of online education, especially how the benefits of in-class interactions can be replicated online. 

I am looking forward to taking over blog management.  I hope to share with you what I learn about my many open questions.  There will also be guest blog authors and re-posts from their blogs, focusing especially on the great variety of online education programs, their successes and challenges.

I’d love to hear what online education topics you, our readers, are interested in learning more about.  Email me your suggestions here, and we’ll see what we can do.

Until the next post, here are some online education resources to keep you learning:

·      Top 100 E-Learning Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020

No comments: